Our guidelines for a safe and enjoyable yoga practice
We're very excited to welcome you to Ashtanga Yoga Luxembourg! In order to get started in your practice please read the following...
- It's ideal to practise yoga first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. If you practise later in the day, try not to eat for at least 2 hours beforehand.
- Wear clothes that are comfortable and easy to move in.
- Enter the shala softly, being mindful of other practitioners; leave your shoes at the door; if the shala is full wait for the teacher to indicate you a place.
- Remember to turn your phone to silent and keep it safely in your bag for the duration of the class.
- Don't hesitate to inform the teachers of any injury or medical condition that may affect your practice.
- If you're menstruating and are unsure how to practise please ask our teachers; we'll encourage modification and soft practice.
- You can borrow our yoga mats free of charge; please clean the mat with the mat cleaner solution after your practice.
- Please bring a towel during practice for the teacher to adjust you.
- Please use the facilities mindfully and ecologically.
- Practise with care and consideration towards yourself and others.
- During Mysore classes you can arrive at any time and do as much or as little as you are willing to, leaving enough time for the finishing sequence and relaxation at the end of the class. If you're unsure about the sequence, wait for the teacher’s help.
- During Intro to Mysore classes and Moon Day Practice classes, please arrive a few minutes before the sign-in.
- Cultivate love and kindness for yourself, respecting body constitution and awareness of your breath; this is your practice… the one that feeds your life.
Find a class
See our class schedule to find a class that's right for you